A simple guide for businesses that explains how and when to claim.
NOW – Register your interest
- Register your interest to claim JobKeeper with the ATO at https://www.ato.gov.au/Job-keeper-payment/.
- Check your eligibility and your employees’ eligibility.
- Notify your employees that you would like to claim for, and receive acknowledgement back from, the employee before the end of April 2020 using this form JobKeeper employee nomination notice (PDF 188KB)
- Pay at least $1,500 per fortnight before tax for each JobKeeper fortnight.
20 APRIL – Enrol to claim
- Enrol to claim for JobKeeper through your business portal, or your tax agent can do this for you.
- Specify the estimated number of employees for each fortnight in April.
- Sole Trader, Partnership, Director and Shareholder claimants provide bank details to ATO for payment on an online form.
4 MAY – Lodge claim for payment
- Apply to claim on the Business Portal or through your tax agent.
- Identify your eligible employees by selecting from STP or by manually entering details.
- Wait for your confirmation email or SMS.
- Notify employees that they have been nominated.
For further information please see our March JobKeeper Blog.
02 6362 1533
27 Sale St
(PO Box 843)
02 6332 5946
1/205 Howick St
(PO Box 1380)
02 6366 8049
11 Bank St
(PO Box 31)
By Karen Bollinger – YBMYates Baker McLean. Accountants and Business Advisors situated in the Central West of NSW. Offering comprehensive advice for all your financial needs including tax, auditing, business advisory, self managed super funds, specialised industry experience and financial planning.