The ‘Farm Business Skills Program’ enables farmers to be reimbursed 50% of expenses that relate to improvement in business skills, risk management, leadership and succession planning. There are some rules and eligibility criteria, but they are very straight forward:
- 50% of costs will be reimbursed on proof of payment;
- Reimbursement applications can be submitted for work conducted in the last six months;
- Farm business eligibility is based on over 51% of income being from primary production;
- Reimbursements are capped at $5,000 for the first person in a business, and another $1,000 per person for up to 4 more people, including family members and farm employees;
- Accountancy work is not eligible, but many of our other services are applicable;
- This program is due to end in June 2020.
- This is a low interest loan, thus it may be helpful but will need to be paid back;
- To access the loan, farmers need to commit to developing and submitting a ‘Risk Management Plan’ within 6 months;
- The costs of developing a Risk Management Plan are 100% subsidised.